Welcome to the Birding pages of Planet Gary. I’ve been a bird watcher for more than 40 years but I’ve decided to start again and keep a fresh list of all the different species of birds I encounter in my travels, along with a few words on the topic of birding.
- Bird List – list of all bird species seen and positively identified.
- Choosing Binoculars – how to choose binoculars for birdwatching.
- Birding in the real world. Coming soon.
- Duddingston Loch, Edinburgh – Scottish Wildlife Trust reserve.
- Gladhouse Reservoir – excellent open water birding location.
- Hadfast Valley, Cousland – Scottish Wildlife Trust nature reserve
- Levenhall Links, Musselburgh – coastal birdwatching location.
- Local Birding – getting to know the birds in your own local area.
- Milkhall Pond, Penicuik – Scottish Wildlife Trust nature reserve
- Roslin Glen Wildlife Reserve – Scottish Wildlife Trust nature reserve.
- Straiton Pond, Loanhead – small but interesting local nature reserve.
- The Big Tick List – more that just ticking off a bird sighting.
- Bird Galleries – all manner of bird related images including real birds!
Copyright ©2020 Gary Buckham. All rights reserved.