In this section you will find a most unusual, yet challenging and perhaps even addictive pastime, that of brick spotting, where I explore town and country in my quest to find lost Scottish bricks and their brickmarks.
- About Brick Spotting – an introduction on the art of brick spotting.
- Brick Spotting FAQ – a quick question and answer all about brick spotting.
- Brick Spotting Terms – everything you could possibly not want to know.
- How to Spot Bricks – hints and tips when out brick spotting.
- Identifying Brickmarks – how to identify your brick spotting finds.
- Mystery Brickmarks – brickmarks that are not so easy to identify.
- NCB Brickmark Collection – gallery of National Coal Board brickmarks.
- Other Brickmarks – brickmarks from England, Wales and elsewhere.
- Recording Your Finds – suggestions on what data is worth recording.
- SBC Brickmark Collection – Scottish Brick Corporation brickmarks.
- Scottish Brickmarks – master list of all Scottish brickmarks found.
- Tools & Equipment – additional and useful brick spotting equipment.
- Where to Find Bricks – hints and tips on where to find lost brickmarks.
- Brick Beach, Granton – a beach comprised mostly, of just bricks.
- Camp Wood Bricks – a few bricks found at illegal fly-tipping site.
- Cockpen Church, Bonnyrigg – an interesting find in a pile of rubble.
- Cockpen Farm, Bonnyrigg – bricks found at illegal fly-tipping site.
- Dalhousie Business Park, Bonnyrigg – overspill from recycling yard.
- Dalhousie Business Park – revisiting a nearby recycling business.
- Dalhousie Curling Pond – nothing to see here except bricks, move along.
- Glenesk Colliery – building remains and rubble on site of former colliery.
- Lady Victoria Colliery, Newtongrange – collapsed wall and fly-tipping.
- Morris Road, Newtongrange – remains of a building on demolition site.
- Prestongrange Coast – bricks found between Musselburgh and Prestonpans.
- Prestongrange Museum – industrial heritage museum near Musselburgh.
- Prestonholm Mill – revisiting a disused landfill site near Newtongrange.
- Rosslynlee Hospital – demolition rubble on derelict hospital grounds.
- Whitehill House, Rosewell – possible fly tipping along entrance road.
- Arniston Colliery – remains of colliery and spoil heap.
- Bilston Glen Colliery – remains of coal mining.
- Roslin Glen Powder Mill – remains of industrial heritage site.
- Springfield Mill, Lasswade – remains of industrial heritage site.
- Vogrie Lime Kilns – disused lime kilns near Crichton village.
- Brick Galleries – yes, entire walls comprising photographs of bricks.
Copyright ©2020 Gary Buckham. All rights reserved.