In the Sand section, I’ll be taking a look at a range of topics relating to sand and sand collecting, including how to find sand, how to collect sand and what to do with your samples when you get back home, along with whatever else comes to mind.
- About Sand Collecting – a few words about myself and sand collecting.
- Beaches and Dunes – the ideal locations for sand collectors.
- Collecting Sand – some hints and tips for collecting sand samples.
- Collection Storage – one way to keep your collection safe and secure.
- Collecting Themes – suggestions for themes for sand collecting.
- Display Containers – a nice neat and economical way to display your sand.
- Drying Samples – an important process before storage or display.
- Getting Started – some thoughts before you start collecting sand.
- Hints and Tips – a few useful hints and tips for sand collecting.
- Lakes and Reservoirs – often surprisingly good for sample collecting.
- Local Patch – you need not always travel far to collect samples of sand.
- Sampling Bags – self-seal polythene bags for collecting in the field.
- Resources – how to research good locations for collecting sand.
- Rivers and Streams – can be surprisingly good for sand collecting.
- Sample Preparation – how to prepare your sand for storage and display.
- Sampling Spoons – yes, a page all about the ideal spoon for sand collecting.
- Sand And More – there’s more you can collect than just sand.
- Sand FAQ – a few questions and answers on the matter of sand.
- Sand Collecting FAQ – a few questions and answers onsand collecting.
- Sand Magnet – yes, using a magnet to collect unusual samples of sand.
- Sand Quarries – a good place for some unusual specimens, with permission.
- Sample Recording – which details to record when collecting samples
- Sandstone Sand – making your own sand from sandstone pebbles.
- Sieving Samples – some collectors do and some collectors don’t.
- Upland Areas – collecting samples from hills and mountains.
- Urban Areas – keep your eyes open for sand in town and city.
- Unusual Locations – finding sand in some less likley places.
- Why Collect Sand – some thoughts on this interesting, if unusual, pastime.
- Queensferry to Hopetoun – two miles of coast on the Firth of Forth.
- Sand Galleries – small assortment of images relating to sand collecting.
Copyright ©2020 Gary Buckham. All rights reserved.