Great news posted on the Turf homepage. The Turf Crew are doing some focused work on medals, looking at an overhaul, some extensions to existing medals and even new medals. Supporters will get to vote on different alternatives online. No further details at the moment, but exciting news all the same.
Medals are very much something I love about turfing, the challenges, the excitement, going out in the middle of the night, seeing that medal award appearing on the phone, all making turf what it is. At least that’s how I feel. But the problem I have at the moment is you reach a certain level and you run out of attainable medals or they take months to complete. Then all you are left with is taking zones for points. So, the possibility of additional medals is very exciting indeed.
Okay, what would I like to see added? Here are some ideas:
- extend the Daily-5 medal onwards for further years.
- a more challenging Daily-5, for example, the Daily Dozen (12).
- allow multiple takes for the Ghost Minute medal.
- medals for taking attribute zones e.g., train stations, bridges, etc.
- a 2-in-1 medal for taking two zones within 1 minute.
- Ninja Master – take 75 zones between midnight and 3:00 am.
- Add more Greed medals e.g., Greed-400, Greed-500.
Back with more turf blogs soon.
Copyright ©2020 Gary Buckham. All rights reserved.