In Trails, I want share to a few of my favourite local trails, footpaths and cycleways that are easily accessible from home, either on foot, by bicycle or by kick scooter, as well are looking at a few places of interest along the way.
- Dalkeith Country Park – exploring a local country park.
- Dawn Patrol – a silly o’clock scoot on a local golf course.
- Edinburgh Seven Hills – mixed urban and upland adventure.
- Full Moon Scoot – witching hour scoot by the light of the moon.
- Home to the Sea – nice easy scoot to Musselburgh and back.
- Midnight Adventure – scooting 10 miles of nocturnal trails.
- Moorfoot Farm – a walk in the hills above Gladhouse Reservoir.
- Roslin to Shawfair – a damp cycle on a favoured local circuit.
- Roslin to Shawfair – scooting recently extended cycle route.
- Silly O’Clock – exploring footpaths and trails around the house.
- The Golf Course – an experimental night scoot at a local golf course.
- The Cast & Mavisbank – exploring trails seen on Google maps.
- The Kaims – short local exploration scoot on the Swifty Zero.
- Esk Valley Trail – 8 mile mixed road and off-road trail.
- Gladhouse Reservoir – 5 mile route around the reservoir.
- Gore Glen – excellent riverside route to the village of Temple.
- Holyrood Park – amazing park in the centre of Edinburgh.
- Mount Lothian Trail – 12 mile mixed road and off-road trail.
- Musselburgh to Penicuik cycleway – disused railway line route.
- NCN 1 – exploring part of the National Cycle Network
- NCN 196 – National Cycle Network, Penicuik – Haddington.
- Newbattle Woods – mixed trails for kick scooter and bicycle.
- North Esk Cycle Route – great scoot right from the door step.
- Pencaitland Railway Path – 6.5 mile disused colliery rail route.
- River Esk – from sea to source, an interesting journey.
- The Grand Trail – 50k mostly off-road project on local trails.
- Thornton Trail – 9 mile mixed road and off-road trail.
Copyright ©2020 Gary Buckham. All rights reserved.